About Europa Donna
EUROPA DONNA (ED) - The European Breast Cancer Coalition, is an independent non-profit organisation whose members are affiliated groups from countries throughout Europe. The Coalition works to raise awareness of breast cancer and to mobilise the support of European women in pressing for improved breast cancer education, appropriate screening, optimal treatment and increased funding for research. ED represents the interests of European women regarding breast cancer to local and national authorities as well as to institutions of the EU.
Ten goals of EUROPA DONNA
- To promote the dissemination and exchange of factual, up-to-date information on breast cancer throughout Europe.
- To promote breast awareness.
- To emphasise the need for appropriate screening and early detection.
- To campaign for the provision of optimum treatment.
- To ensure provision of quality supportive care throughout and after treatment.
- To advocate appropriate training for health professionals.
- To acknowledge good practice and promote its development.
- To demand regular quality assessment of medical equipment.
- To ensure that all women understand fully any proposed treatment options, including entry into clinical trials and their right to a second opinion.
- To promote the advancement of breast cancer research.
EUROPA DONNA - The European Breast Cancer Coalition
Piazza Amendola, 3
Tel. +39 02 3659 2280
Fax. +39 02 3659 2284
For more information about EUROPA DONNA visit our website.